Great news! West Valley Runners is featured on the home page
right now! Check it out and tell your friends:
http://www.meetup.com/tour/t/
Every day, a handful of the most active Meetup Groups are
chosen to appear on this page. Your Meetup will be appearing on
the home page all day today.
Congrats!
The Team at Meetup HQ
I clicked the link to check it out and celebrate my awesome Meetup group. Not only is the group featured on the main page, but I am in the picture. Way in the background, there is a woman in a black tank holding a pink ball. That's me! While I do find it funny that the picture advertising our group is of us bowling and not running, I won't complain about getting to be famous for the day.
Friend Jill likes to track her 15 minutes of fame. I haven't done this yet, but maybe I should start. I'd need to look up how to calculate such a thing. For instance, my name has been in several newspapers after a big race (eg Long Island Half Marathon, Big Sur Marathon). Does that count as fame? I don't know.
That's great, Laura! Maybe it should just become a bowling meetup group.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think it all counts—everything you don't publish yourself.
ReplyDeleteI think that's worth about 15 seconds of your 15 minutes. :)
ReplyDelete